Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dear Future Self,

This post should’ve come first but I’m regrettably not as organized as I should be…

Ever since I can remember, I’ve had nifty notions running through my mind all day long.
And every now and then, I would jot down some thoughts, inside a book cover or on a piece of scrap paper. Then, time would pass by and on the day that I’m throwing out an old dusty book or a worn scrap of paper, I would read a notion that my past self felt the need to scribble down and be startled and amazed that I even had a thought so profound to begin with.

My past self knew things that are long lost to me, just as I know things that my future self will find invaluable.


Keeping a physical journal is too much work for someone like me but blogging is convenient. I started this blog so that future me will have some insight into who I was in the past.
I want future me to: remember who WE used to be, try not to stop writing so “future future” me will know who YOU used to be and stay forever young.


The only reason for this post is to remind me why I started posting to begin with…if I didn’t need this reminder, I wouldn’t really need this blog.
It’s the cyclic referencing loop of my life…

'Keep a diary and one day it'll keep you. '
- Mae West -

No comments:

Post a Comment