Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Lack of Opinion on Finding your Perfect Vocation

Sir Ken Robinson is right.
He knows what he's talking about when he requests that we try to find a vocation which "speaks to our most authentic selves".

Now, whenever this topic comes up I feel very uncomfortable.
And that's because this is an area for which I don't have a solid opinion to call my own.
And that in turn stems from my lack of experience in this field...
You see, I have not found that thing which speaks to my most authentic self, and I think there are too many others out there who haven't either.

The people that live for the weekends.

And I feel extremely envious toward those who have found a truly satisfying line of work..are they just luckier then me that they happened to stumble upon the exact thing that feeds their soul or did they have some inherent knowledge from the time they were born which I do not possess?
Or perhaps they themselves don't understand how they came to be in that perfect situation..they just got there.

Being so profoundly impassioned by one's trade must be a wondrous feeling.
All that said, I think there is still hope for me so I'll stay faithful to the notion that I'll oneday find a calling or that I'll somehow be bestowed with the knowledge that could lead me to my calling...and you should too.
However, for know, I'll continue to remain completely out of my element and keep scraping shrimp...

No comments:

Post a Comment