Tuesday, July 20, 2010

An opinion on adults

As a kid, adults look like they're a different species.

Tall, disciplined with a distinct lack of bright color in the clothes they wear.
I remember wondering when the transition would occur, wondering what the moment would feel like when I crossed over and became one of them.
I'm still waiting...the moment never arrived.

The silliness, the inexplicable constant joy, the simplicity in everything worldly and the urge to create..it never leaves.
Yet somehow, the adults look just as they did 20 years ago.
And I'm still waiting..
And I may understand them now, but I still don't belong in their world.
Or maybe more correctly, they don't belong in their world..they should transition back over to this side..the side where the world looks bigger, worries don't exist, and clothes are brightly colored.

No comments:

Post a Comment